Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reflections on the Prayer of St. Francis


by Leanne Shawler, Communications Director
I have a blog of my own, and have had for a few years. Recently, it’s morphed from sharing about my art and other daily stuff, to focusing on what’s really important: God’s love.
One of the ways I’m doing this is enlisting the help of a small group of Christian bloggers and friends to reflect upon the Prayer of St. Francis, line by line. We started back in April and will be finishing up in June. You can see the posts on this subject so far, here. They go from most recent, backward.
As we have a statue of St. Francis in our Memorial Garden, I thought it might be of interest to my fellow Good Sammers and other folk who read here. 

So far, it’s been an invaluable exercise, especially when I get stuck with the “hard" lines. Learning to stop, let the line sink in, write down ideas, even the bad ones and giving each short essay the space to develop. 

It’s also been enlightening to discover how God has been working in other people’s lives. I've gotten to know my companions in this project a little better.
Have you ever reflected on a prayer, line by line? (Would you like to? We could make it a recurring project here on the “love. be loved.” blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment