Thursday, May 24, 2012

Carried by a community


by Cindy Taylor

The first day we came to Good Samaritan, Mary Anne was celebrating her birthday. A Marine was being deployed, and Fr. Chris and the congregation gave him a special blessing. Those and holding hands for the Lord's Prayer really impressed me.
My husband John didn't grow up in a church, but he feels so at peace when we leave the service. He wishes there were an early weekday service so he could go before work. When I think about the effect Good Sam has had on our lives, I think of my husband and his walk with Christ. When I see him pray, it means a lot to me.
We had gone to a different church many years before, but when I had a miscarriage there was no reaction from anyone in the church.
Cindy's favorite picture with her granddad
December 13 2009. My granddad had died far away the day before. Though he wasn't ready to go, they couldn't keep him alive. I came to church that Sunday just sobbing, and people would come up to support me. Rebecca took me into the chapel to pray for me. It got very warm; the sun came out enough that it was like a spotlight on my face and Rebecca had just the right words to say. She carried me through that horrid pain. 

Are you carried by your community of faith? Of friends? If not, why not?


1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. thx for sharing Cindy! Ruth

    ReplyDelete