Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Meeting Hal Wiley....


by Barbara McBride
I first met Dr. Wiley at a board meeting of the Agnes Sanford Schools of Pastoral Care which was held in San Antonio.  Dr. Wiley joined the board, and over the years, I have been privileged to work with him both at board meetings and as a presenter.  
We were two of the presenters in a full week school in Ottawa, Canada, and he has led an School of Pastoral Care weekend here in San Diego County. I have found him to be a gentleman, a thoughtful, deep and interesting presenter who uses multi-media to make his point. 
He is well regarded as a dermatologist in Tampa, where he resides with his wife.   He is also an EFM mentor.  
 I was pleased that Fr. Chris and Rebecca and others from Good Sam were able to meet Dr. Hal Wiley at the 2011 North American Order of St Luke the Physician conference at USD this past June. Hal was leading an interactive (seminar) group at the conference Fr. Chris told me he was impressed with Dr. Wiley and at that time we talked about having Dr. Wiley come to Good Sam to lead a conference for us.  
I am thrilled that Good Sam will be hosting him in March, and I hope everyone will be able to make this retreat. I am sure that everyone who comes to hear Dr. Wiley will be equally impressed.What a wonderful way to start lent!  I know God has a special treat for each one who participates.
To register for or to learn more about our lenten retreat, "Where is God from Monday to Saturday", visit our website and follow the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment