Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet Our New Vestry Members: Bill Lacey

by Bill Lacey

Professional Background: For the last 23 years I have been employed by Employment and Community Options, (a non profit organization that assists individuals with developmental disabilities) in a variety of capacities but currently as their Southern California Regional Director. As a Regional Director I direct various programs and their teams on the service delivery to individuals with developmental disabilities and their pursuit for quality outcomes in the areas of employment, community inclusion, and independent living. Also currently, I instruct a workshop for SDSU six times annually on mental illness and co-occurring disorders in employment. Lastly, I have also proudly served as a United States Naval Reservist for 8 years, stationed at the Point Loma Subase.

Personal: Initially from Huntington, NY. Now live in Clairemont, married to Clare Lacey. Three children: Anna, a senior at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ, Billy, a fourth grader at Holmes Elementary, and Benjamin, a first grader at Holmes Elementary.

Interest/Hobbies: Coached High School football for over 10 years at local east county high school. Coached youth soccer for three years, and currently coaching youth baseball in Clairemont. Enjoy being with my family, exercising, coaching/teaching, and worshiping Christ as my savior.

Church History: Began life as a Christian initially at Good Sam with Father Fred as rector (located at old elementary school on Governor Drive). As a child, my family left for St. David’s in Clairemont and I remained there until 2 years ago. While at St. David’s, I was active with various youth group activities and served on the vestry as junior warden for two years. The son of a priest, I spent most of my life in the church but not really understanding and reaching out to God until adulthood. 

I believe I have found a genuine home at Good Sam, where I can worship freely and be with others with similar interests, views, and passions. I have finally found Christ at Good Sam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment