Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Saving of Bob and Bette Keith, part two

(Part Two of a two part series. Part one was posted last Thursday).

by Bob Keith

Starting church services
Soon after starting the healing services, we knew it was time to try the Sunday morning church service. We had never before been to an Episcopal service, but couldn’t imagine not trying it.
We have never looked back.
We became regular attendees, joined Bible study groups and met so many more of you. Bette continued with her Wednesday morning healing services. then we took communion in this Episcopal Church and have been regulars ever since.

The main point in this is we each became re-established with God, and, probably, in a much more meaningful way than at any other time in our lives. I do not know how either of us could have survived the last few years without it.
And it all started in a therapy pool when Bob Tuggey invited Bette to try a healing service, and she said “YES”.
After that initial start, the whole Good Sam team was involved and helped us through these many years. We are grateful to everyone, to say the least.
Approaching the end of life
As Bette approached the end of life this past spring, she assured me time and time again she was not fearing it. She told me, and I knew it would be so, she would be comfortable knowing she would be in good hands.
As always, she was concerned for me, however. But I assured her I was in good hands too, and knowing that, I would be just fine. I reminded her of Father Chris’ end-of-the-service message that God is all around us, and with us, and will be supporting me.
A final note along these lines that really speaks to her inner character. In the final few days, she said to me, several times, “the nurses all know I am ready to accept the end, but please, please, keep reminding them not to hurry it -- a little bit longer would be just fine!”
I think of those conversations often and have confidence that all will be well.
Thank you, Good Sam
My endless thanks to all of you, especially Bob Tuggey, who started us.

No comments:

Post a Comment