Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sloggers, Slapwatch and a Smile


by Ann Carlton

When you have numb fingertips and toes you look for different accessories than most other folks do.
SLOGGERS:  a unique brand of shoes and when I first saw them at Tuesday Morning in my size, I had to try them.  Much like Crocs but they have completely closed toes area.  Oh yeah, worth a try.  Now, I couldn’t live without them.
SLAPWATCH:  I had never heard of it and quite honestly never seen one.  Wearing a watch is a necessity to me but trying to hook one is a truly frustrating and most times an impossible task.  So there I am at a store in Seaside Village.  Just sorta looking around and wow, what is this thing?  Asked the clerk if I could take it out of the container to try it on.  Sure, go ahead.  Slap, slap and it is on my arm and nice and comfy.   Bought it right then & there. Couldn’t live without it.
SMILE:   God’s Peace begins with a smile
Do you remember the old song sung by Nate King Cole?
Smile though your heart is aching…
Smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow you’ll see the sun come shining through for you
Three S’s for me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment